SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Wednesday announced 1,759 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 30 additional confirmed deaths.
Local case breakdown
- Jackson County: 14
- Franklin County: eight
- Saline County: five cases (four isolated at home, one hospitalized)
- Alexander and Pope counties: three each
- White County: three (two isolated at home, one status in progress)
- Williamson County and Union counties: two each
- Gallatin County: two (both statuses in progress)
- Hamilton, Hardin and Massac counties: one each
- Unless noted above, all other cases are isolated.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 186,471 cases, including 7,573 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 29-August 4 is 3.9 percent.