SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Wednesday announced 1,645 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 16 additional confirmed death.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 16 in isolation.
- Jefferson County: 16. Eight are new positive individuals involved with a second long-term care facility outbreak, including four staff members and four residents.
- Jackson County: five in isolation
- Franklin, Hamilton, Pulaski and Union counties: three each in isolation
- White and Pope counties: two each in isolation
- Massac and Johnson counties: one each in isolation
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 198,593 cases, including 7,672 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from August 5 through August 11 is 4.1 percent.