MCLEANSBORO – Hamilton Memorial Hospital is offering their annual Fall Wellness fasting blood draws on October 5 through October 30, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
According to a release, there will be limited availability, so appointments need to be scheduled. For patient and staff safety, masks will be required and temperatures will be checked upon entering the building.
“Year-after-year we continue to offer the Fall Wellness blood draw as a community service to give people the opportunity to receive lab work at a significantly lower cost,” Farah Boyd, Lab Director of Hamilton Memorial Hospital, stated. “We encourage anyone who needs lab work to take advantage of this opportunity.”
Wellness screening options include:
- $70 Health Screen Profile & PSA – Includes same testing as $50 Health Screen profile with the addition of PSA screening for prostate cancer in men.
- $50 Health Screen Profile – Includes Cholesterol, Triglycerides, Glucose, BUN, Creatinine, Total Bilirubin, CBC, GFR, Calcium, Total Protein, AST, Alk Phosphatase, Albumin, Phosphorus, Sodium, Potassium, Chlorine, CO2, and TSH.
- $35 Vitamin D
- $25 A1C Screening- Diabetic three-month sugar check.
- $20 PSA Screening – Prostate Cancer test for men.
- $10 Wellness Profile – Glucose and good/bad breakdown of cholesterol, and GFR – all included in $50 Health Screen Profile.
For the most accurate results, officials said participants should be “fasting” – i.e. no food or drink, except water, after midnight before blood draw. Results will be provided to participant’s designated provider.
For questions or to schedule an appointment, call 618-643-5863.